If you’re already doing the keto diet, then it is safe to say that you’ve done your homework on it. You are well aware at how rapid it can burn fat off the body of whoever implements it as their eating plan. For newbies, starting out the keto diet could be a bit tricky and this is simply because they don’t pay attention to the foods that have a moderate to high carbohydrate content. Essentially, the keto diet consists of foods that have very little to no carbohydrates, but with a moderate to high fat source. Right now, you may have some foods running through your mind based on low carbs and high fats, but you should try this easy keto meal plan that we have for you and see if these tasty, keto foods will work for you.
To get any keto meal plan down pat, it all starts with the foods and as long as you have the right foods, you can successfully put your body into ketosis, the rapid fat burning mode that is a byproduct of your foods. Here’s a list of foods that will go well with any keto meal plan:
- Condiments like salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, etc.
- Eggs: any eggs will do but organic whole eggs are the best choice.
- Non-starchy vegetables: leafy greens, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers.
- Poultry: chicken and turkey.
- Meat: Grass-fed beef, venison, pork, organ meats and bison.
- Nuts and seeds: Macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds.
- Full-fat cheese: Mozzarella, brie, goat cheese and cream cheese.
- Full-fat dairy: Yogurt, butter and cream.
- Avocados: Whole avocados can be added to almost any meal or snack.
- Fatty fish: Wild-caught salmon, herring and mackerel.
- Healthy fats: Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut butter and sesame oil.
- Nut butter: Natural peanut, almond and cashew butters.
To go along with a keto meal plan, here are some keto-friendly beverages:
- Unsweetened Coffee
- Unsweetened Tea
- Sparkling Water
Foods To Avoid
Chances are, you’ve been doing keto for quite some time, or at least you have a bit of an understanding what it is. You’d be surprised at how many people still drop the ball and eat things that they assume to be keto. So, here are a list of foods that should be avoided at all costs, because they will knock your body out of ketosis.
- Alcoholic beverages such as beer and sugary mixed drinks.
- Baked goods like white bread, crackers, cookies, donuts, rolls.
- High carb sauces such as barbecue sauce and salad dressings
- Sugary foods such as ice cream, maple syrup and candy
- Most fruits (except avocados)
- Sweetened beverages such as sodas, juice and sweetened teas
- Beans and Legumes
- Starchy vegetables like potatoes, corn, peas
- Pastas such as spaghetti and noodles
- Grains and grain products such as rice, oats, cereals and tortillas
Of course there may be more, but if you stick with these categories as foods to avoid, you should be fine.
Conclusion: Doing The Keto Diet? Try This Easy Keto Meal Plan!
Any keto meal plan could be so simple, and so effective as long as it is done properly and with the right foods. If you don’t have these foods in your keto meal plan at the moment, try swapping some foods out or adding some to mix it up. Keep a good deal of variety in your keto meal plan so that you will enjoy it that much more.